Monday, February 2, 2009

Kids Are so Innocent....

I was talking to Tiffany on Saturday night about policemen, and how they help us and are our friends. I told her that if you ever need help you can get help from a policeman. That started us talking about what to do with strangers. Jeff and I have been starting to talk to her about strangers, and to never to talk to them. This is the conservation I had with her.
Me: What if you are outside at Grandma's house, and a stranger comes up and says Hi little girl I have some candy for you. What should you say?
Tiffany: (with a big smile on her face) Thanks.
Me: ( I try not to laugh) Yes you would normally say thanks to someone who gives you something, but in this case you need to say no and run away. You never talk to strangers. You can only talk to people when mommy and daddy are around. Do you understand this?
Tiffany: yes
I am so thankful that she knows to say thanks when someone gives her something, but I had to try and explain when to say thanks, and when you don't. I love little kids. They are so innocent and trusting. I hate that we have to teach them about strangers, but this is the reality of our life on earth. I am just so glad that I have the knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us. It makes things a little bit eaiser.

1 comment:

KC said...

What a great story. She is so adorable!!